Seeing as I haven’t mentioned the ‘blurt’ story for a bit, I an update was due…
So, the blurt progresses. It’s gone forward, been reset, gone forward, been reset (rinse and repeat) as I’ve gotten closer to the end of the story. Resulting in it still being about 30K long and I’ve ditched about 10+K. I’ve also gone through another pen and a whole notebook!
I think it has an ending. But then I thought that a week ago and, well, it ran off on an unexpected panster-process tangent.
The story has been mostly typed up now too, though I’ve got about 2K from the last few days that need to go into Scrivener.
That’s been interesting too. Because a friend of mine is curious to read the blurt in its blurt form, I’m not doing as much editing as I normally would when typing. Resisting the editing urge is tough, but probably good because sometimes editing while still writing leads to the front end of the story straying off the path the end of the story is still on.
Other than the fact another friend has requested I work a T-rex into the story which is challenging as it’s not set on Earth, I’m confident it’s flowing toward successful conclusion.